As a guitarist, Julia performs with the electroacoustic trio Auris, with Gimlet Eye, and as a frequent soloist and collaborator in experimental and avant garde chamber music. Auris’s current cd has been released on Artco Records (2009). Julia completed the performance half of a double MM in Classical Guitar Performance at Northwestern University in 1993, and currently serves as the Jazz, Folk and Contemporary Guitar Department Chair at the Music Institute of Chicago, where she is also a Suzuki Guitar specialist.
- Colloquium on Space and Immersivity streaming live from Fonoteca Nacional
- Concert with Vivenne Corringham, 8 PM at Sala Antenna!
- REA_Mexico | Inaugural Keynote at Fonoteca Nacional
- Open House Chicago | Aural Architecture
- Hush City Soundwalk | Sound Walk Sunday
- Here/Not There at the Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago | July 21—26, 2009
- Singing Insects Monitoring Soundwalk at Indian Boundary Park
- New Japan Ensemble Chicago/Obihiro Exchange Project
- Sound Collaborations: Inferno Mobile Recording Studio Manifesto & Cookbook
- Summer Soundwalks In the Parks Series With Midwest Society for Acoustic Ecology
- A Philosophonics of Space: Sound, Futurity and the End of the World (PDF)
- Roland “A Foundation For Electronic Music” Series (1979)
- Interactive Musical Hexagons
- 10 Rules For Students and Teachers From John Cage
- Bring Da Noise: A Brief Survey of Sound Art – Kenneth Goldsmith
- Pierre Henry, Pioneer Musique Concrète
- Frequency Ranges of Musical Instruments
- IPEM – Institute for Psychoacoustics and Electronic Music
- Proportion in Musical Scales | Sacred Geometry
- MIMO – Musical Instrument Museums Online
No shows booked at the moment.