As a guitarist, Julia performs with the electroacoustic trio Auris, with Gimlet Eye, and as a frequent soloist and collaborator in experimental and avant garde chamber music. Auris’s current cd has been released on Artco Records (2009). Julia completed the performance half of a double MM in Classical Guitar Performance at Northwestern University in 1993, and currently serves as the Jazz, Folk and Contemporary Guitar Department Chair at the Music Institute of Chicago, where she is also a Suzuki Guitar specialist.
- World Listening Day | The Collective Field
- Bedroom Studio, “Metal Breath”
- Bedroom Studio Live | Make Music Day 2020
- Sound and the Ecology of Everything: Virtual Presentation – Northbrook Public Library
- Soundwalk Report: HEAR BELOW 2020
- Hear Below: Listening to Chicago Underground
- New Soundscape, Volumes 17 and 18 Released
- Advances In Eco-Sensing and Soundscape CAA 2020 Panel
- Colloquium on Space and Immersivity streaming live from Fonoteca Nacional
- Concert with Vivenne Corringham, 8 PM at Sala Antenna!
- A Philosophonics of Space: Sound, Futurity and the End of the World (PDF)
- Roland “A Foundation For Electronic Music” Series (1979)
- Interactive Musical Hexagons
- 10 Rules For Students and Teachers From John Cage
- Bring Da Noise: A Brief Survey of Sound Art – Kenneth Goldsmith
- Pierre Henry, Pioneer Musique Concrète
- Frequency Ranges of Musical Instruments
- IPEM – Institute for Psychoacoustics and Electronic Music
- Proportion in Musical Scales | Sacred Geometry
- MIMO – Musical Instrument Museums Online
No shows booked at the moment.